Augment your team with top IT talent
We had to quickly compose the team for one of our clients. The goal was to get a working service up and running quickly. We had a clear concept and mock-ups and agreed on the initial budget and deadline. They provided staff augmentation, specifically a Ruby on Rails engineer to build the website for one of our long-time clients. He worked efficiently alongside our in-house team.
Years of software development expertise
Experts in the talent pool
Avarage years of team member seniority
Supporting clients with exceptional software development talent
Available in 48 hours
DEVTALENTS are determined to help our partners expand and grow when opportunities arise, which means that we provide a selection of available software engineers withing two working days from first contact.
Efficient hiring process
We pride ourselves on our smooth, streamlined processes. We take our clients through the steps of choosing the right developers for the job and completing onboarding.
Every individual in the DEVTALENTS talent pool has been thoroughly vetted. Our team members are true experts in their fields, with extensive commercial experience and a passion for teamwork.
Trusted by enterprises, scale-ups and startups across continents
On average, engaging one of our frontend developers for 1 month requires a budget of $7.5-15k
We know what we do and how much time we need. Our estimations have over 90% accuracy.
Team augmentation is the fastest way to get things done
- Companies around the world lose billions of dollars each year, because they can’t find the right specialists for various jobs.
- To solve this challenge, more and more companies choose staff augmentation services as a viable, inexpensive and risk-free alternative.
- Due to the popularity of remote work, there is now very little difference between internal hires and outsourced staff.
Supplement your in-house IT team with extra skills
- Companies providing staff augmentation have access to a vast array of skill sets, which can be individually matched to each client’s circumstances, business needs and culture.
- Each developer acquired through team augmentation is dedicated 100% to your project, focusing on it fully to deliver the highest quality of code with top efficiency.
- You retain full control over your project - all team members, including the outsourced ones, follow the same rules and report to you directly.
Choose the most flexible IT cooperation model
- The time needed to find a specialist through team extension is negligible - usually between 24 hours and two weeks - compared to regular recruitment.
- The administrative work needed to support outsourced employees is handled by the provider. That means you don’t need to worry about paid leave, equipment, office space, etc.
- The costs of team augmentation are very transparent - you know up front what the rate for a given expert is, per hour, working day, sprint or month. Everything else will be taken care of by your provider.
Why companies from all around the world rely on DEVTALENTS when building their teams?
I’ve been working directly with the Ruby on Rails engineer we hired from DEVTALENTS. He had a strong SEO background which is rare for backend developers - that was very valuable. He also accompanied me during the calls with customers, providing technical expertise and a wide range of potential solutions. My account manager is always around, constantly in touch and checking if everything is going alright.
Throughout different projects, we've worked with 12 developers so far. DEVTALENTS engineers are as integral to my team as my engineers in the office. I liked the fact that when you give them a task, they'll come back to you with questions for clarification and with examples and suggestions of how to do it better. That is truly professional. They don't just take what you've given them; they take ownership. They bring attention to detail and a high level of knowledge to the task.
Tell us about your business needs and determine how our software experts can help you
Talk to our technology consultant to share your ideas, expectations and challenges. Together, we'll find the best path forward for your business.
How to get the most out of team augmentation
IT staff augmentation allows businesses to focus on core software development tasks rather than on lengthy recruitment efforts. It’s also a great way to achieve flexibility in scaling your team up or down as required. A provider such as DEVTALENTS ensures the availability of top software development talent on demand, helping you choose future team members based on individual bios and guaranteeing quality through careful vetting, an effective matching process, and ease of replacing developers at any point during the cooperation.
The advantages of IT staff augmentation
The simple truth about staff augmentation is that it’s often a superior model, especially when compared to internal hiring. Augmenting your IT team through a provider has fewer risks, lower costs, much more flexibility, and guarantees access to top talent.
Some of the major advantages of team augmentation include:
- Fast & easy hiring - you receive a selection of developer profiles and pick the ones you like, then start onboarding,
- No administrative hassle - issues like contracts, paid leave, accidents at work, employee benefits, etc., are handled by the provider,
- Access to top talent - team augmentation providers hire their own highly skilled and experienced teams, and supplement them by building extensive talent networks,
- Freedom to focus on your core business - one, the provider handles the busywork for you, and two, you can keep your internal team engaged with core tasks while the additional team members handle all the smaller issues when they arise,
- Efficient scaling - you can downscale or upscale your team pretty much at any time and at no cost, which means that you will always have the right number of experts onboard,
- Low operating costs - you don’t need to provide your new developers with hardware or office space, and you don’t have to worry about employer taxes.
Team augmentation vs internal recruitment and full development teams
In our experience, team extension is faster, simpler, and particularly suited to scale-ups and enterprise clients. It allows businesses to build teams with precision and adjust them to changing circumstances. Traditional recruitment, by comparison, is costly, time consuming, and inherently risky. Working with a full development team, on the other hand, can be great when the team will be handed a somewhat independent project (such as updating your business website’s CMS). It’s also best for more entrepreneurial initiatives, such as creating the MVP for a startup.
|DevTalents||Regular recruitment||Digital agencies|
|Time to find top talent||48h||2-4 months||1-2 weeks|
|Guarantee of quality|
|Risk of failure||Very low||High||Low|
|Established vetting process|
|Termination costs||None||High||Often high|
|Talent quality||Best experts from around the world||Limited access to top talent||Usually localized talent|
|Onboarding||Fast and smooth process||Potential for delays||Sometimes complicated|
|Additional benefits||Top industry practices and know-how||Full project delivery|
|Employee of record|
The challenges of IT team extension
Though it is a highly efficient cooperation model, team extension does come with a number of challenges.
You are responsible for onboarding
While the developers joining your team through staff augmentation will be experienced in this and very proactive, it’s still crucial that you arrange training and knowledge-sharing sessions between your existing team and its new members.
A lack of internal knowledge
Similarly, developers new to the project and your business will need access to a lot of information. Ideally, you should prepare for training or workshops, and have a robust knowledge base that’s well-structured and easy to access. This is especially true for larger companies and projects. On the flipside, your new team members will bring in a lot of valuable know-how and experience, often from projects in the same industry as yours, which they will be more than happy to share.
Some workflows may require adapting for a new team composition
If your company has never used team augmentation before, it might be necessary to adapt certain workflows to the needs of a dispersed, remote team. This is rarely an issue post-COVID, however, as most businesses have experience with working remotely. An additional benefit of using staff augmentation is that your provider’s remote work processes are guaranteed to be highly efficient and bulletproof, which can create valuable learning opportunities for your team.
How to get started with augmenting your team
The road to reaping the benefits of team extension is very simple. The following steps might offer you some inspiration on where to begin.
1. Identify skill gaps in your current team
The main goal of staff augmentation is to fill in expertise gaps for the client. So, the first step is to determine where those skill gaps are, and what kind of expertise is needed to patch them up. You should also consider how many developers (or other experts, such as QA specialists or project managers) you will need, and what their seniority level should be.
While it’s not worth it to hire junior developers for complex tasks - they’ll work much longer than senior-level devs and can make costly mistakes - sometimes, all you need is a simple implementation. If you’re not sure about what’s required for the tasks you have planned, a provider like DEVTALENTS will be happy to advise you.
2. Find a trusted provider
Many software houses provide body leasing and team extension, often as a supplementary service beside full team development. In these cases, make sure that your provider is actually able to meet your needs and has a large available talent pool. Another important criterion is culture fit: you’ll be bringing in new people into your team almost as though they were employees. To get the most value out of staff augmentation, these developers need to be able to match your existing team’s culture and processes.
3. Go through hiring and onboarding
Hiring via team extension is as simple as picking from a selection of developer profiles. Onboarding, on the other hand, requires effort on your internal team’s part. While providers like DEVTALENTS prepare their developers for this process, making sure they have the soft skills to fit in seamlessly with any team, there will be information that they’ll need from you to begin work.
Ready to try team extension? Get a set of developer profiles in 48 hours
The DEVTALENTS team is built to be flexible, adaptive and to fit seamlessly into any work environment. With over a decade of experience with clients from various industries, we’ve collected a wealth of know-how that we are happy to share with our partners. We know that time is of the essence, so we provide a fast hiring process and deliver a selection of developer bios in 48 hours. If you’d like to find out whether we’re the right partner for you, let’s get in touch.