Hire top Kotlin talent in only 48 hours
DEVTALENTS were thorough in gathering information and understanding the project objectives. The developers were particularly proactive and regularly sought our feedback, in turn proposing suggestions and solutions.
Years of Kotlin expertise
Avarage years of team member seniority
Supporting clients with exceptional Kotlin development talent
Available in 48 hours
DEVTALENTS are determined to help our partners expand and grow when opportunities arise, which means that we provide a selection of available software engineers withing two working days from first contact.
Efficient hiring process
We pride ourselves on our smooth, streamlined processes. We take our clients through the steps of choosing the right developers for the job and completing onboarding.
Every individual in the DEVTALENTS talent pool has been thoroughly vetted. Our team members are true experts in their fields, with extensive commercial experience and a passion for teamwork.
Trusted by enterprises, scale-ups and startups across continents
On average, engaging one of our frontend developers for 1 month requires a budget of $7.5-15k
We know what we do and how much time we need. Our estimations have over 90% accuracy.
The mobile market is growing, and Android is the way to reach almost three quarters of all users
- More than 70% of smartphone owners from around the world use the Android operating system.
- There are over 3 million apps available for Android devices. As such, the competition on the platform is fierce, but the potential for business growth makes it worth the effort.
- As the most widespread mobile platform, Android allows businesses to reach most markets and to engage with a variety of users.
A modern mobile programming language for small and big players
- More and more companies are migrating their apps from Java to Kotlin. Uber and Pinterest can be counted among them.
- The language ranks high on popularity polls, likely partially because it’s much easier to work with than Java. As a result, Kotlin code tends to be comparatively error-free and easy to maintain.
- Kotlin can achieve the same things Java can do in fewer lines of code. This makes development faster, lowering its costs.
Kotlin has some very exciting features to offer
- A big benefit of Kotlin is null safety - the danger of null references from code is nonexistent with Kotlin. Fields can still be null, but only if this is explicitly declared. It’s a feature that makes Kotlin code much easier to maintain.
- Other exciting features include sealed classes, immutability as a default, and late initialization of properties. They allow for more efficient coding and improved testing.
- Kotlin code is expressive, short, and readable. Fragments that would be written and never returned to (which can happen a lot with other languages) are simply not present.
Why companies from all around the world rely on DEVTALENTS when building their teams?
They’re invested in their clients and work; it goes beyond just a paycheck. For example, their business understanding helped us save a lot of money and time. The whole team worked hard to provide a high-quality product. I couldn’t have appreciated this more; if they hadn't, we would've spent far more resources to get the same level of work.
I’m pleased with DEVTALENTS’ work. Their team delivered creative and high-quality solutions for clients rapidly and on time. Their code quality was exceptional, and there were minimal bug issues and rewrites needed. We plan on working with DEVTALENTS in the future.
Tell us about your business needs and determine how our Kotlin experts can help you
Talk to our technology consultant to share your ideas, expectations and challenges. Together, we'll find the best path forward for your business.
How to ensure perfect fit when hiring Kotlin developers
When hiring developers meant to work on an Android or cross-platform project using Kotlin, it’s important to keep several key considerations in mind. They include:
- Familiarity with good product design practices,
- Experience in material design and building UIs,
- A solid understanding of the Google Play platform, and possibly the App Store, as well.
These aspects of Kotlin app development can be major determinants of the success of your product.
Native Android app development with Kotlin
Native mobile apps are created and optimized specifically for a given platform. They offer high performance, can make full use of the hardware they are installed on, and are customized to fit the Android environment (which requires adapting to changing screen sizes between devices, for example). Additionally, it’s sometimes difficult to predict which version of the Android operating system your users will have, or how powerful their devices will be. As such, some Android apps need to be highly optimized for performance, while others need to be all about delivering the best experience to discerning users. It all depends on your target user group.
Kotlin is a highly popular choice for building native Android apps. More than 60% of professional Android developers use this language, and over 700 of the best Android apps are at least partially built with Kotlin.
Cross-platform development with KMM
Kotlin’s Multiplatform Mobile SDK allows development teams to share the logic of their iOS and Android apps. Aspects like networking, data storage, and analytics can be written once, greatly reducing project costs. The UX is kept native for each platform to ensure smooth performance and UIs that match their platforms. For companies that have existing Kotlin apps for Android, adjusting them to work on iOS, too, requires little work.
Top Kotlin developer skills
To make sure that your team members’ work quality will meet and exceed your expectations, providers like DEVTALENTS vet each developer in their talent pool to ensure the following:
- Ability to write clean, readable, easy-to-maintain Java and Kotlin code,
- Experience in cooperating with QA experts to prepare and run tests, find bux, and introduce fixes,
- Good understanding of the Android development life cycle, including the ability to estimate correctly and time management skills,
- Excellent practical skills in app design using both tried and true solutions and newest trends,
- Experience with the Android SDK and Android Studio,
- Ability to use Material Design,
- Familiarity with Play Store requirements and publishing,
- Creativity in problem solving, as out-of-the-box thinking can be the key to improved efficiency and lower development costs.
Get access to top Kotlin development talent in 48 hours
If you’re ready to get started with a new Android or cross-platform mobile project, or augment an existing team with additional experts, let us know. DEVTALENTS provide clients with a selection of developer profiles to choose from within two business days. We’re also more than happy to advise you on how to proceed based on your needs.