Bring the right IT team into your project
We needed to find a talented team with excellent communication skills. One that would guide us through the process and explain all its ins-and-outs. After our conversation with Olga, a project manager from DEVTALENTS, we knew we found a company with skills we were after and we could work well with.
Years of software development experience
Experts in the talent pool
Avarage years of team member seniority
Supporting clients with exceptional IT talent
Available in 48 hours
DEVTALENTS are determined to help our partners expand and grow when opportunities arise, which means that we provide a selection of available software engineers withing two working days from first contact.
Efficient hiring process
We pride ourselves on our smooth, streamlined processes. We take our clients through the steps of choosing the right developers for the job and completing onboarding.
Every individual in the DEVTALENTS talent pool has been thoroughly vetted. Our team members are true experts in their fields, with extensive commercial experience and a passion for teamwork.
Trusted by enterprises, scale-ups and startups across continents
On average, engaging one of our frontend developers for 1 month requires a budget of $7.5-15k
We know what we do and how much time we need. Our estimations have over 90% accuracy.
Hit the ground running with a cross-functional team of experts
- The team can organize its own work, as they know their capabilities and speed the best. The project manager will keep a handle on it all, scheduling regular updates, retrospectives and standups to keep everyone in the loop.
- You can be as hands-on as you want to be, while your team remains mostly self-sufficient. Self-driven and proactive experts don’t wait for you to come to them with a problem - they’ll find and solve it on their own, and actively search for the information they need.
- You will see the project’s progress as it occurs, through effective project management tools and direct communication with specific team members.
Achieve top productivity, focus and engagement with a dedicated development team
- A top provider like DEVTALENTS guarantees the high engagement of their team, as well as a proactive approach. Our experts always try to solve problems before they have a chance to occur.
- Each team member should be available both individually and during regular team meetings, such as retrospectives and demos.
- Your team will bring in a wealth of know-how and experience gathered while working on hundreds of commercial projects, which they will be happy to share with your internal team.
Build a custom team that will meet the needs of your unique project
- DEVTALENTS have worked on projects that involved artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other cutting-edge technological solutions.
- We are Agile by default, but we understand the benefits of other approaches and are ready to adapt as needed.
- If what you need is a team extending your internal IT capacity, a semi-autonomous dedicated team is an excellent way to achieve this goal with minimal hassle.
Why companies from all around the world rely on DEVTALENTS when building their teams?
Their communication was great. That was one of the things that I liked about working with them in general. The involved team was always available, so I could always ask questions. They were still entirely consistent with whoever was on the project, meaning no turnover in resources. The quality of the products and their work has been excellent too. DEVTALENTS addresses all of our needs.
The DEVTALENTS team created an innovative and professional app in a quick three-month timeframe. Their efforts helped build and maintain a group of 30,000 users. From a project management standpoint, they communicated well, solved problems, and were always adaptable.
Tell us about your business needs and determine how our experts can help you
Talk to our technology consultant to share your ideas, expectations and challenges. Together, we'll find the best path forward for your business.
A comprehensive guide to structuring an Agile development team
Development teams do not all comprise the same roles in the same proportions. Depending on the specific needs of the project - and sometimes, the stage the project is at - the right team composition, needed to achieve top efficiency, will vary. It’s also important to note that Agile teams are by necessity fairly flexible and ready to change with the circumstances. That’s why we recommend the Agile approach to clients - it’s fast, scalable, and limits risk.
What is an Agile team?
The Agile methodology enables project teams to respond to changes - on the client’s market, in project requirements, or based on user feedback - quickly and without accruing costs. Using this approach pays off particularly in unpredictable environments, which can include:
- Building an MVP for a startup and testing certain key features along the way,
- Working on an intrapreneurial project for a large company affected by shifts on the market,
- Rapid development of any project, which requires initial prioritization of basic functionality, then scaling up on that basis.
Usually, Agile teams use the Scrum framework, which structures their efforts into sprints. A sprint takes 1-2 weeks on average, and should involve completing a measurable step in the development process. Often, a sprint will end with the delivery of a feature, which can then be tested and reviewed by the client.
Another important aspect of this approach is regular communication. Agile teams hold standups to keep each other updated on what everybody is doing, schedule code reviews (to maintain top quality), client demos (to showcase their work to stakeholders), and retrospectives (to look critically at a completed sprint and find room for improvement). Agile team members must collaborate closely with each other and self-organize as much as possible, with the help of an experienced Project Manager.
The most important roles in an Agile team
The following list of roles is not exhaustive, and can only serve as a benchmark. Not all projects will need a DevOps Engineer or a Business Analyst, and not all roles need to be involved in the development process from start to finish. However, it’s good to know that your technology partner can provide you with each of these roles if need arises.
- Builds the parts of the applications that users can see and interact with,
- Focuses on ensuring top user experience and high performance,
If you plan for your app to be used by people other than software developers, you need frontend. And if you want your app to delight users - load quickly, have satisfying interactions and a well-organized UI - you need good frontend developers. These members of your project team will make sure your app delivers the right experience, taking into consideration factors such as context of use (inside or outside, e.g. in direct sunlight), usability (one-handed navigation, touchless control), accessibility (adjustments for color blind users), performance (loading speed), responsiveness (a highly interactive UI that provides correct feedback to users), and functionality (ensuring that the most important features are easy to find).
- Builds everything that happens “under the hood” of your app - the engine that keeps everything running,
- Solves the most important problems and answer the most important engineering questions,
- Writes complex algorithms and app logic,
- Creates application architecture,
- Uses technologies such as Ruby, Python, Java, Golang, C# or Kotlin.
Backend developers are the core of any project that doesn’t rely on an existing “engine”. They do the bulk of the work involved in actually translating your business ideas into application logic and specific features. Aside from making sure the app will do what it’s meant to do, backend developers also need to consider maintenance, scalability, dependencies, security and stability. They also handle databases and data processing. It’s their job to make sure your app will work under any conditions.
- Translates the initial vision for a product into user-friendly designs,
- Creates optimized user journeys,
- Conducts necessary research and testing,
- Displays deep understanding of user needs and habits,
- Has the most direct influence on conversion and sales.
Product designers are often hidden behind titles such as UX Designer or UI designer, which may suggest a chosen specialization, but all these roles require an incredibly rich mix of skills. Product Designers need at least some knowledge of human psychology, branding, graphic design, current software development trends, business models, and the needs of different user groups. They are the ones making sure your app’s user experience will be of the top quality, and they do so through attention to detail, creativity, and research.
- Ensures that your app remains operational 24/7,
- Lowers maintenance costs,
- Ensures scalability and ease of upgrading the app,
- Adjusts the app to handle changes in traffic, from low to sudden spikes.
The DevOps engineer has deep knowledge of hosting services and options, databases, and sometimes more complex server maintenance. This is the person who makes sure your website will load quickly in the countries you want to target, that your hosting infrastructure can be scaled rapidly and is secure, or that you won’t lose your data due to a natural disaster. A crucial aspect of their role is also making sure that you always pay for the hosting you need, and no more.
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Makes sure that the team’s work meets project specifications,
- Finds bugs,
- Checks user journeys,
- Works to improve product stability.
The QA expert, specialist or engineer (the exact job title varies) is one of the people responsible for ensuring that the finished product will match stakeholder expectations. They have to plan their testing and test cases carefully, to make sure that they will check everything. Additionally, they have to be masters at preparing documentation, as the results of their work need to be understandable to the developers or other team members who will fix the discovered issues. A good QA process is important, as it prevents problems from occurring after launch, when they might negatively impact user experience.
- The main scheduler and general problem solver,
- Organizes the team’s work,
- Makes sure team members don’t get blocked by circumstances or other team members,
- Keeps everyone up to date on project status.
This role is especially important in fast-moving projects. PMs look at what needs to be done and the resources available, and do their best to ensure that the team will operate in the most efficient way possible. They also try to keep motivation high, encourage proactive problem solving, identify and monitor risks, keep communication flowing, and deal with unforeseen events, such as a team member falling sick. They are helpful when everything is going well, and invaluable when the team encounters a new challenge.
- Is the main source of knowledge about the project, clients and users,
- Becomes a major advocate for the vision and requirements,
- Stays focused on delivering business value, not features.
Product Owners need a deep understanding of the context in which the team operates: the project, the client’s business, the target audience, etc. Using this knowledge, they make sure that the team is always moving towards the right goals, fulfilling requirements and building value. This is a role that becomes crucial to project success in an unstable environment, when circumstances change and all choices need to reflect business needs.
- Has a good understanding of business processes,
- Is able to convert business needs into project requirements,
- Works with data,
- Makes sure the team focuses on delivering business value.
The final role on our list is the Business Analyst, a person who can help you formulate achievable, measurable business goals. They supplement the role of a Product Owner who doesn’t have the time for writing requirements. On top of that, Business Analysts create documentation, help establish the best product development strategy, and make sure the results of the team’s work meet proper quality standards.
Build your team with DEVTALENTS today
Whether you’re looking for a full project team or want to supplement an existing one with specific roles, we can help. DEVTALENTS provide highly skilled and motivated experts with deep know-how based on experience. If you’re interested in working together, let’s get in touch.